Cilantro Pesto

We got a large bunch of cilantro from our CSA farm.  Cilantro stays fresh for only a very short time.  I decided to try making cilantro pesto which I hadn't done before.  Its GOOD stuff!  If you like cilantro you'll want to make a patch of this pesto.

1 cup cilantro leaves
2 cloves garlic
2 scallions
2 tbsp almonds
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup canola oil
1 hot pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
juice from 1/2 lime

Puree all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor or in my case I used my super blender.  I served my cilantro pesto on top of grilled pork chops.  What was left, I put on salmon patties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing