French Potato Salad

We went to my son and daughter-in-law's for the July 4 weekend.  I was asked to bring potato salad, but my son doesn't like mayonnaise.  I found this recipe for French Potato Salad on the Food Network.  It was originally a Barefoot Contessa recipe.  I made a few adaptations. This is a great salad for picnics because you don't have to worrry about keeping it cold. It is good at room temperature.

I love the variety of fresh herbs in this version.  I have an herb garden on my deck so at this time of the year fresh herbs are readily accessible.

If I made this recipe again I would double the recipe.

2# white or red potatoes or a mixture (if organic, no need to peel)
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons chicken stock
3 tablespoons white wine or tarragon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/4 cup green onions (white and green parts), chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
2 tablespoons chiffonaded fresh basil

Cut the potatoes in chunks and cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until just tender.  Drain potatoes.  Toss gently with white wine and chicken broth.  Allow to soak into potatoes before proceeding.

Combine vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and whisk in olive oil.  Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes.  Add the green onions, dill, parsley, basil and additional salt and pepper as needed.  Serve warm or at room temperature.  This can be made the night before.


Comments

Unknown said…
Very nice recipes, will try it soon!!

Shelina.

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing