Salmon with Apples & Sorrel

I've never thought of combining apples and salmon in one dish, but it turned out to be a great combination along with the sorrel. I would have used even more sorrel because it really cooks down, but I only had one bunch.

1-1 1/4# salmon fillet
salt & pepper
juice of 1/2-1 lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 granny smith apples, peeled & diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced--use some of the green parts too
1 bunch sorrel, sliced

Season salmon with salt & pepper and lemon juice. Add olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter to a frying pan over medium to high heat depending on how thick the salmon fillet is. Saute until golden brown. My salmon fillet was very thick so I covered the pan for part of the time to help it cook more quickly. Be sure not to overcook the salmon.
In a separate pan, add the remaining butter and saute the apples and onions until tender. Add the sorrel for the final minute or two.
Serve the salmon on top of a bed of the sauteed apples and sorrel. It makes an attractive presentation. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture, but it was 10:00 PM and we were quite hungry.

Adapted from receipezaar.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing