Sauteed Kohlrabi with Onions and Cream

I liked this recipe because it not only used the kohlrabi but also the greens that came with them.  The hardest part of the recipe was peeling and making sure to cut off any woody parts of the kohlrabi bulbs.  I received three kohlrabi bulbs in my CSA box; 2 green and 1 purple.  I decided to use all of them.  The recipe yielded a large frying pan full.  My husband thought the dish was delicious and was pleased I had used all of the vegetables.

3 peeled and cubed kohlrabi*, just be sure to cut up the pieces of kohlrabi so they are not too large
thinly sliced yellow onion, about 1/2-1 cup
unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons
finely chopped kohlrabi leaves--I didn't use the stems
heavy cream, about 1/2 cup, more if needed
salt and pepper

Cook kohlrabi and onion in butter until almost tender.  I covered the pan.  Stir in the kohlrabi leaves, and cook until wilted.  Check to make sure the vegetables are tender. Add the heavy cream and cook for a few minutes to reduce.  Season with salt and pepper.

I used my Vidalia Chop Wizard The Original Vidalia Chop Wizard
Adapted from Martha Stewart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing