Fresh Spinach Quiche

 I used a frozen whole grain pie shell from the store to prepare this quiche. You could certainly use a homemade crust as well. Something I did this time was to let the crust defrost slightly and transfer the crust to my glass pie pan. It is a little larger than those aluminum pans. So often I find with the purchased crusts that they don't hold all of the filling. When you put the filling in your own pan you can stretch it out a bit. Then I prebaked it as the per the instructions on the frozen crust. Actually, I baked it a little less.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk (or 1/2 & 1/2)
4 eggs
8 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese (or another cheese of your choice)
4 cups fresh spinach (chopped if leaves are large)
1/2 t. Kosher salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 9" deep dish unbaked frozen pie shell

Instructions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add all the ingredients except for pie shell in a large bowl and combine well. Pour into pie crust. Cover lightly with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Adapted from Dinner then Dessert 

I have another Spinach Quiche recipe on the blog, but I recently found this one and I prefer this one. It has more spinach and cheese. You could add more seasonings if you prefer.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing