Friday night dinner

Arthur works every other Friday from 11:30 PM until 11:30 PM on Saturday night. I usually try to prepare something that he can stop in, pick up and take with him. Tonight I made Mixed Vegetable Curry from the cookbook Six Spices by Neeta Saluja and a brown/wild rice combination. I won't post the entire recipe because its rather complicated. I used a combination of green beans, yellow summer squash, carrots and potatoes. The seasonings are onions, garlic, fresh ginger, Indian red chili powder, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cilantro. Its intensely flavored and very tasty. I highly recommend the book for anyone interested in somewhat simplified Indian cookery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing