Monday night, October 27

Tonight I went to my Asian cooking class at MATC. Chef Ng was discussing purchasing "safe" food and changes that will eventually be made to the US food laws. I suggested purchasing locally was one way to avoid many of these foods containing dangerous substances. I haven't received any food from my CSA farm or meat suppliers with melamine lately!

We made sushi rolls with sushi rice, pickled and fresh vegetables. They were OK. I think I'll continue to get my sushi at Sushi Muramoto (Hilldale Shopping Center, Madison) or Takara Japanese Restaurant.

Supper tonight for Arthur consisted of vegetarian meatballs (out of a package), jarred spaghetti sauce and spaghetti. I guess this happens to all of us once in awhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing