Friday, October 24

This morning I made breakfast before I went to work which is very unusual for me. I rarely give myself enough time.

I made an omelet using the baby bok choy from our CSA box. I only got 2 so I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.

Start with a large frying pan. Heat a little olive oil.
Stir fry the following:
2 small red onions, chopped (yellow would be fine too)
2 mini red or yellow peppers, seeded
1 large clove garlic, chopped
2 small head of baby bok choy
stir fry the stems first and add the chopped leaves at the end
a little toasted sesame oil
Add 5 eggs, beaten and let set before stirring so that you can fold in half
a few chopped fresh herbs if available (not essential)
salt and pepper to taste

I served the omelet with some of the fruit cocktail scones that I made last night and hot coffee.

For supper I made Broccoli, Walnut and Bulgur Salad. I doubled the recipe and it was too much, but I wanted to use at least 2 cups of broccoli. It turns out it would have been OK to use 2 cups of broccoli and leave the other measurements the same.

1 cup Bulgur (preferably fine grind)
2 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp Fresh mint, chopped (optional)
2 Green onions (scallion) finely chopped
2 cups Broccoli, cooked and finely chopped
1/4-1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
2 Firm tomatoes, preferably organic, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese (I substituted some firm goat cheese from Diana Murphy at Dream Farm)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper

Cook the bulgur according to package instructions. Put the bulgur in a bowl and add in all the other ingredients. Mix well, cover and chill for at least for a few hours if you have time. Otherwise its fine to eat immediately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh Amaranth (Red Spinach)

Celery Root, Cracked Wheat, and Every-Fall-Vegetable-You-Can-Find-Chowder

Roasted Beets & Carrots with Couscous and Citrus Dressing